Same-Day Crowns in Cleveland, TN
Crowns are the most common restorative dental procedure, and approximately 2.3 million implant-supported crowns are made annually. Same-day crowns represent a groundbreaking development in dental restoration, providing a swift and effective solution for damaged or missing teeth. At The Mini Dental Implant Center of America in Cleveland, TN, we proudly provide same-day crowns using our in-house CEREC machine. At other practices, getting a dental crown takes weeks, as the custom restoration is made at an off-site lab. However, our eligible patients can have a fully restored tooth in just one visit.
Understanding Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are custom caps that encase a tooth. They restore and reinforce the tooth’s shape, appearance, and strength. We often use them to protect weak teeth, restore broken teeth, or offer protection after root canal treatment. To make room for the crown, we carefully remove a small amount of enamel so that the crown fits snugly. Normally, you would receive a temporary crown while you wait 2-4 weeks for your permanent crown to be made at a dental lab. However, our CEREC machine allows us to make your crown in our office in about an hour, making same-day crowns a reality.
Dental crowns provide significant benefits to your oral health:
- Restored tooth function: Dental crowns facilitate the return to normal eating and speaking capabilities, eliminating the need to avoid favorite foods due to missing or damaged teeth.
- Enhanced aesthetics: By improving the appearance of discolored or misshapen teeth, tooth-colored crowns play a key role in rejuvenating your smile.
- Long-term protection: Crowns serve as a safeguard, providing defense against further decay, infection, or damage.
If you have lost a tooth or need a tooth extracted, we recommend using a dental implant to support an artificial crown.
Missing a tooth not only affects your smile’s appearance. It also impacts your oral health. The empty socket allows remaining teeth to shift, provides a place for bacteria to accumulate, and leads to jawbone deterioration. A dental implant—or mini dental implant—replaces the missing root and provides a stable base for a dental crown or another restoration. By replacing the missing tooth in its entirety, this system alleviates common tooth loss problems.
Because we can place mini implant-supported crowns in just one visit, you can enter our office with a missing tooth and leave with a brand-new smile.
The Same-Day Crowns Process
Getting a same-day crown is straightforward:
- Consultation and preparation: When you come in for your free consultation, one of our experienced dentists will examine your teeth, talk you through your options, and take a digital scan of your mouth. If you’re getting your crown that day, we’ll shape your tooth’s enamel to ensure the crown fits perfectly.
- CEREC technology: Short for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic, our in-office CEREC machine uses your 3D scan to mill your custom crown from a ceramic block.
- Placement: In the same appointment, we fit, adjust, and bond the crown to your tooth.
The Advantages of Same-Day Crowns
Same-day crowns offer several benefits over traditional crowns, which typically require multiple visits spanning a few weeks.
- Convenience: Eliminating the need for temporary caps, same-day crowns provide immediate results with less hassle.
- Efficiency: Same-day crowns streamline the process since we can create and place the crown in a single appointment. Traditional crowns typically require two visits, extending the process.
- Comfort: Because we can take digital impressions, patients avoid the messiness of traditional mold trays.
- Precision and quality: Our CEREC technology ensures a precise fit and high-quality restoration in about an hour.
Embracing Advanced Dental Solutions
Same-day crowns represent a significant advancement in dental restoration, offering efficiency, convenience, and precision. We invite you to experience the benefits of superior dental solutions at The Mini Dental Implant Center of America in Cleveland, TN. Schedule your appointment today to discover how we can help you achieve a healthier, more beautiful smile with same-day crowns.
Frequently Asked Questions
The average lifespan of a dental crown can vary depending on the type of material used, your dental hygiene habits, diet, and other lifestyle factors. A CEREC crown generally lasts 10-15 years but can last much longer with proper care.
Getting a dental crown should not be painful. We will numb the treatment area with a local anesthetic to ensure your comfort as we remove some of your tooth’s enamel. We also provide additional sedation options if necessary. While you may experience minor sensitivity after placement, it should subside in a day or two. However, over-the-counter pain relievers can help manage discomfort.
CEREC crowns possess a high resistance to staining due to the advanced ceramic materials used in their construction. These materials are less porous than natural teeth, reducing the impact of staining agents like coffee, tea, and red wine. However, it’s important to note that while these crowns are stain-resistant, they are not entirely stain-proof. Over time, external factors such as diet, oral hygiene habits, and exposure to certain substances can gradually affect their color. Also, the glaze applied to CEREC crowns, which gives them a natural and shiny appearance, can wear down over the years. This wear can make the crowns slightly more prone to staining.
To maintain your crown’s appearance, you should follow good oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing and flossing, and visit us for regular checkups. Additionally, avoid using abrasive toothpaste and harsh brushing techniques, as they can damage the surface of the crowns. If your crown loses its radiance, please contact us to explore possible solutions.