Dentures in Cleveland, TN
Tooth loss has been a challenge throughout human history. Since approximately 2500 B.C., dentures have been used as a solution. Over time, false teeth prosthetics have evolved significantly. Today’s dentures are more technologically advanced, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing. However, they can be dramatically improved with dental implants.
At The Mini Implant Center of America in Cleveland, TN, we’re proud to offer a variety of implant dentures supported by mini dental implants. These small titanium posts provide a sturdy anchor for your prosthetic. They allow you to enjoy your favorite foods, speak clearly, and smile confidently.
Understanding Traditional and Partial Dentures
To better understand the options available, it’s essential to first explore the conventional choices.
These are full-mouth prosthetics designed to replace all teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, or both. They rest on the gums and can be removed for cleaning. While they restore appearance and basic function, they don’t prevent bone loss in the jaw and may require adhesives to stay in place.
When some natural teeth remain, partial dentures fill the gaps that missing teeth create. They are typically anchored to existing teeth using clasps and can be removed for cleaning. Partial dentures help prevent remaining teeth from shifting and can improve chewing and speech.
At our practice, we offer Snap-On Smile® as an alternative to partial dentures. This custom-made removable arch fits over existing teeth to create a beautiful, complete smile.
The Problem With Traditional Options
While conventional dentures have been a reliable tooth replacement solution for years, they come with several problems:
- Slipping and sliding: Traditional dentures can slip and slide, causing discomfort and making it challenging to enjoy everyday activities.
- Difficulty chewing: Chewing with traditional dentures may not be as efficient, making it harder to enjoy a variety of foods. This can potentially affect your nutrition.
- Speech issues: Some people experience speech difficulties when wearing false teeth, leading to self-consciousness or frustration during conversations.
- Bone loss: When you lose teeth, your jawbone begins to recede. Unfortunately, traditional dentures cannot prevent this bone deterioration because they rest on the gums. As a result, denture wearers often experience changes to their facial structure and appearance.
- Gum irritation: The friction between dentures and gums can lead to irritation, soreness, and the need for messy adhesives.
- Inconvenient maintenance: Cleaning and caring for traditional dentures can be a pain, requiring specific products and routines.
It’s important to note that these challenges can be discouraging for individuals seeking a comfortable and convenient solution. However, advancements like mini dental implants offer a promising alternative. They address many of these issues for a brighter and more comfortable smile.
The Advantages of Implant Dentures
Frequently Asked Questions
The most effective and aesthetically pleasing type of denture is the non-removable zirconia bridge, which is known for its exceptional stability, functionality, and natural appearance. Secured with 10-12 mini dental implants, this type of denture offers a permanent solution that closely mimics the look and feel of natural teeth. The zirconia material used is highly durable and resistant to wear, making it an ideal choice for long-term dental restoration.
With this option, you can expect a significant improvement in chewing efficiency and comfort, as well as a boost in self-confidence due to their natural appearance. The non-removable aspect means they are fixed in place, providing a hassle-free experience without requiring daily removal or special cleaning routines.
The cost of dentures can vary widely depending on the type you choose and the specific requirements of your dental situation. At The Mini Dental Implant Center of America, we understand that budget is a key consideration for our patients. We offer a free consultation to thoroughly discuss all available options, helping you make an informed decision that aligns with your financial considerations.
During your consultation, we will explore various types of dentures, including traditional, partial, and implant-supported options like snap-on dentures and non-removable zirconia bridges. We’ll also review insurance coverage possibilities and provide information on financial plans or payment options to ensure you receive the best possible care within your budget. Our goal is to make quality dental care accessible and affordable, ensuring you can achieve the smile you desire without financial strain.